Cognito Steering Support Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoe385

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening guys,

So I'm sure most of you have heard of the Cognito Support Kit for your Idler and Pitman arms that eliminate wandering, wear and tear, etc; that ultimately tightens your steering back up. I bought said kit (http://www.cognitomotorsports.com/cognito-pitmanidlersupportkit-pisk2006-truck.html) - here's a link - and got it all installed, ran into a minor issue with a bolt being too long and I had to grind it down in order to be able to thread it, but that's besides the point. It is like night and day, tightened things up and felt the truck feel almost like new. The issue I ran into is it requires a re-alignment. Before this I had installed MOOG Pitman and Idler Arms, so I took it to Firestone where I have a Lifetime Alignment and have gotten it aligned there with the MOOG Parts before I got the Support Kit from Cognito. I dropped it off and about 30 minutes later I get a call saying they can't align it. The mechanic tried to BS me showing me the Pitman Arm wasn't sitting flush, and I stated that MOOG Pitman Arms do that and that they have aligned it before when it has been like that. So that made me suspicious. Then he goes into say that the Support Kit is the issue, but I called and asked Cognito before buying it, making sure it would be able to align after the install (They stated yes, and I have never heard of anyone having an issue with the Kit and not being to align). So I want to ask those of you that might know if Firestone is just feeding me some bull, or is this true? Never have really gotten great service from them but I bought a Lifetime Alignment from them, regrettably. By the way it's a 2004 Z71 Tahoe on 6 inches of lift and 35s, even though I highly doubt that would make matters any different.

Logan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are blowing smoke up your ass. I put the same kit on my 06 Yukon 4x4 and have not had to do a realignment. In fact, if I do, I do it myself with string and a tape measure. Yes, the kit made a night and day difference. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius