Cold Air Intake Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of MPG numbers are you guys seeing with the e-bay intakes? My most recent fill up was 18.8mpg with a BB tune and no other drivetrain mods, WHILE running 285s and a 2" lift. Pretty damn good all things considered, but if I can bump that up even further before we hit the road for Cali, I'll be all over it.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
oh bro you should have for sure put that CAI on prior to the tune... it would have given justin more to work with.... i would recomend the CAI brother but it would have helped more if you did it prior to tuning

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah bro Jenna's right...I told Justin that I'd be doing intake and exhaust eventually. The tune he gave me allows some room for the PCM to re-learn the different flow rates. Maybe not *quite* as good as if I would have had the stuff done to begin with, but it's still one hell of a tune. Can't wait to see the difference with the intake and, eventually, exhaust.

Of course, if this whole engine thing I'm working on with my buddy pans out and I end up swapping in a cammed LQ4 and a 4L65E, then my shit is gonna haaaaaaaaul some ass.

But one step at a time. ;)

Last edited:

oreowizard98

Reaction score
Im not far from coming home from Iraq. I just ordered the one from ebay, $64 shipped. We'll see how I like it in a few weeks. Thanks for all the great input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmericanThunder