Completely broken driver door handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KC 2013 Tahoe

Reaction score
Finally got the 80995 Dorman door-pull installed yesterday and blown away at what a good solution it is!
Very sturdy and well made. Matches interior color very well too. What a difference not to grab a squishy/broken handle!
Particularly with our 110+ temps expected all this week.

Update on Dorman making these for the Passenger side:
They confirmed on Friday they FedEx'd the new/OEM passenger side door panel to me for del'y this week.
Once it arrives, I'll install it and use the box/packaging to send them our old passenger side panel with the broken door-pull.
Update: It just arrived! Looks like I'll be installing it this evening :)
Update #2: Door panel installed & looks great! First time since we bought her that both handles are intact and unbroken :thumbsup:

Dorman will be evaluating the passenger door panel's breakage mode, and use it as p/o the design consideration for an upcoming passenger side repair product.

Will update once they advise on its progress.

Kevin

Attachments

• Repaired LH Door Panel - 80995 Dorman.jpg
    Repaired LH Door Panel - 80995 Dorman.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 4
  • RH New OEM Door Panel.jpg
    RH New OEM Door Panel.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

KC 2013 Tahoe

Reaction score
Great video! Watching it was like Déjà vu of when I did mine on Monday.

The color on mine was pretty darned close and is a huge improvement over the deformed/dirty, broken original.
I cleaned/scrubbed the door panel with upholstery cleaner. The dirt in the plastic grain makes the Dorman armrest look lighter. You really don't notice how dirty the door panel is until you install this new armrest repair piece. Now that the panel is clean, there's virtually no color difference.

That shorter threaded stud near the power window switch aperture is that way so it won't interfere with the power window switch. If it was as long as the others the switch wouldn't fit back in its pocket.

Attachments

• Repaired LH Door Panel - 80995 Dorman.jpg
    Repaired LH Door Panel - 80995 Dorman.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369