Connecting amp to factory radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slambin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok i have ran all the wires to the back of the factory radio. heres where my question comes in.

What wires do i tap the remote wire to?

and i have found the gray speaker wires to tap to but which factory wires connect to the white on the low pass adapter?

Thanks for the help guys

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 03 escalade w/bose,for the remote i just hooked up to a fuse in the drivers side of the dash thats key activated .(a ten amp) For speaker signal i bought a rca line converter and spliced into the factory woofer in the console. What is it going in? If you have a bose equiped vehical you will have to splice into the woofer . Have fun taking that blasted console apart! If you splice into any other speaker wires you will get no bass.(very frustrating as this happend to my friend when we first tried to hook into a rear door speaker and had two 10'' tweeters!) I have said all this assuming your wanting to have a little boom boom!

Last edited:

rich5368

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you need is a 12v wire that is ignition controlled on off. I personally would go ahead and pick up an aftermarket head unit and do it all right. The Alpine I have has 3 separate 4v pre outs and a usb connector for IPODS and only cost me $200 at best buy.

OP
OP
S

slambin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In my 03 escalade w/bose,for the remote i just hooked up to a fuse in the drivers side of the dash thats key activated .(a ten amp) For speaker signal i bought a rca line converter and spliced into the factory woofer in the console. What is it going in? If you have a bose equiped vehical you will have to splice into the woofer . Have fun taking that blasted console apart! If you splice into any other speaker wires you will get no bass.(very frustrating as this happend to my friend when we first tried to hook into a rear door speaker and had two 10'' tweeters!) I have said all this assuming your wanting to have a little boom boom!

thanks for your help. i tapped into the wires on the back of the radio and the dam thing wouldnt let the radio come on because of the theftlock. i guess when i get the time ill do it this way. im guessing the console sucks to have to take out.:emotions122:

ohh an aftermarket radio is out of the question. this solobaric 10 and 500w alpine amp were given to me for free. im not dumping a whole lot of money into the tahoe. i dump all of it in my dodge dually.:)

joechatham69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just splice into the wires on one of the tweeters in the pillars up front for the line convertor, or you can grab it at the sub but thats a pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100