2011 Tahoe no crank no start need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rockman101

Reaction score
Well figure that out wire wasn't seated completely, but didn't fix the issue. Only other thing I can do is find a wire diagram for all the grounds make sure they are clean and good.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well figure that out wire wasn't seated completely, but didn't fix the issue. Only other thing I can do is find a wire diagram for all the grounds make sure they are clean and good.
my 2012 has a ghost in it.
occasionally if I disconnect the battery for whatever reason to do repairs, etc
upon reconnect I get a no start/no crank situation, it has done this since forever. while troubleshooting I determined that since I had not done anything that would affect the starting I tried disconnecting the battery again and then reconnecting and magically it starts and runs as if nothing ever happened.
digging a little more I found that when this happens it triggers a security fault, but no light on the cluster, clearing the fault with the scanner has the same affect as disconnecting the battery and it then starts and runs fine.
so... I tried replacing the security module, the ring around the ignition. bought new oem, connected to sps programmed it, sps indicates all is well, programmed known working key-no go, no security light, no start, nada...... multiple tries same results. I'm hours into it at this point....
I say f-k it, install old security module, (no reprogramming at all) insert key starts and runs!
so the problem remains, only sometimes if the battery is disconnected.
appears to be some sort of module handshake issue but it only happens with complete loss of battery power, 7 years no change it is the one and only thing this vehicle has ever done.

so anyway, curious if you are able to shift the transmission if you put your foot on the brake pedal and key is in run position?
also you may want to pull the underhood fuse box out, inspect it and the pins for any corrosion and re-seat the box.
the one and only other time I had a no start situation is when I had take it to a body shop for a fender bender repair and they had unbolted and moved the drivers fender and in the process the fuse box got bumped. they called me and said it wouldn't start so I went down to the shop and after a little messing around with it found the fuse box had been moved, re-seated the fuse box and walla! it started and worked fine.
the fuse box has been the culprit more than a few times in these kinds of situations, just food for thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES