Considering a High mileage Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
ive got 125k on my 01 and i drive it hard, but she likes it, keeps everthing tight and thats what keeps everything working from my experience

Ced

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought my 01 hoe with 75000 on da clock now 115000. first thing i check on a vehicle is the dip stick (im not a mechanic but something i do) if its clean, its a good chance they change da oil periodically. if its full of gunk,etc. its a good chance i wont buy that vehicle.
jus my 2 cents

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
my 01 z71 has 120k and it runs like a champ..
Heater isnt working... and I havent had a chance to mess with it yet..
but it runs and drives perfect.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Like many, I bought mine with what some would consider high mileage, about 130k. It's an '03 Denali, was meticulously maintained by the OCD air force guy that owned her before me (he had all the records on On-Star, too). Only issue I had that I consider major was the rear shocks and compressor needed replacing. The truck drives great, straight, and still looks good. We've added about 20K miles and haven't noticed a bit of difference.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
high mileage on these vehicles is 350K+ miles. I mean I have seen 900K on these drivetrains. More than likely, if its been regular oil change, they can make 400k without a problem. Weak spot is the tranny, but with stock tuning a TQ managmnet they hold up just fine.

OP
OP
X

xrayman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger, truck runs great. I am becoming very tempted to do the 5.3 to 6.0 swap :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts