Converting 2005 Tahoe LT to Bluetooth with Streaming?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dak244

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Red Rocket is correct. The unit itself doesn't allow. And my 2006's stereo setup is like his. I needed a chimes module and a steering wheel control module so 2 separate setups as well. Not sure on the brands of those as it's been a while. There are many threads on here in that topic that I've seen. @dak244 , crutchfield sells the Pioneer with the Pac already bundled with it.

Gotcha, makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed the the aftermarket HU in my 2000 Yukon XL, I simply removed the onstar mic from its location and clipped the new HU's mic in its place.

I didn't even unhook the onstar mic, I just placed in inside the overhead console.
Seeing that it was a 2000, I didn't need any modules for it (no steering wheel buttons), but from what I've seen they are easy to install.

bigblue05

Reaction score
where is the on star mic i have the blue fusion as well and it came with its own mic

Herb Rodriguez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found a product that satisfies most of the criteria mentioned about except it requires and separate, additional microphone. It's called iSimple Connect. Model ISGM655. I retained all factory capabilities with the Bose and RES except for XM and I think they have an optional module that even keeps that functionality. This $100 kit on Amazon gave me bluetooth so I can listen to Pandora, handsfree calling, USB and a 3.5 plug. I just installed it today. Took me half the day as the guy who worked on the dash prior to me buying this 03' Yukon XL trapped the wires behind the Bose headunit and it took me forever to be able to get my hands behind it to disconnect the wires. After that it was pretty straight forward installation. Sounds great!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why didn't you just remove the head unit? It's only held in with 4 screws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattmoore939