convince me to buy a 2door yukon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capeguy97

Reaction score
hello everyone, im new to this forum. recently ive been looking into buying a 2 door tahoe/yukon and i want peoples experience based opinions on buying a fully loaded 1995 yukon. im currently driving a 1999 dodge ram 1500 :emotions122: and ive pretty much had it with this shitbox. the yukons odometer is reading 107k but the title says discrepancy?? its got new tires and the pics show no body rot and the owner claims it has no undercarriage rot or rust. he says the seats are not ripped but a little worn. its all heated and power leather but the power doesnt work? thinking a bad connection or motor? i was curious about the fuel economy also... not what the door sticker says, but peoples hand calculations. i will be running a set of 33'' mud tires on it if purchased, and i was wondering what kinda performance and mpgs people are getting out of the with headers/exhaust system, cold air intake, and whatever else. i think it has a 5.7 tbi 350... correct me if im wrong. Anways, the guy wants $2500 obo for it. Whats everybody think??? thanks

FishinCricket

GMC Salesman
Reaction score
Lucky bastard.. Welcome to the forum. Now get to reading and go scoop up that truck. Wait, strike that; reverse it. :thinking....eureka: There we go!

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Get it. Yes its a tbi 350 5.7 i have pretty much the same but mines a 94. You will love the seats they are really comfy. It gets about 13ish mpgs but they run great. Mines lifted 3 in on hummer h3 rims and im gonna get military 36s and maybe a couple more in of lift. I would get a air cleaner for it. I took the oem one out converted it to one stud very easy and put the cleaner on

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

O and it has good towing power i haul heavy crap and it takes it like a real truck and doesnt complain

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get it. Yes its a tbi 350 5.7 i have pretty much the same but mines a 94. You will love the seats they are really comfy. It gets about 13ish mpgs but they run great. Mines lifted 3 in on hummer h3 rims and im gonna get military 36s and maybe a couple more in of lift. I would get a air cleaner for it. I took the oem one out converted it to one stud very easy and put the cleaner on

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

O and it has good towing power i haul heavy crap and it takes it like a real truck and doesnt complain

you put hummer 16.5s on???? lets see some pics

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest here... I have replaced more stupid parts on my 2 door than I care to share. That being said, I wouldn't trade it for anything. They do have quite a bit of quirks but this forum has a plethora of help and information. There isn't any part on the truck that someone here hasn't touched. Expect to be fixing stuff.

Also there are some really good upgrades that can go on that motor and that's really why everyone keeps them going. Plus the fact that there are no other 2 door full size suv's that look as good as these keeps their value higher than expected. And they are fun to drive and hard to find.

Good Luck.

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Omg everyone wants these damn things! I've been looking for months and they get snatched up quick around here, mostly black ones. I'm sorta half ass looking since I have alot of vehicles already. Trying to find one cheap and man its hard. People are either out of their mind on price or its priced good and they're gone. Grab it.

AZ Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up mine 99 dr with new motor and trans and tires with a perfect body for 4500 :)

OP
OP
C

capeguy97

Reaction score
yep its 4x4. i am a mechanic and go to school for automotive technologies so fixing it shouldn't be a problem. are parts available and cheap for these?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut