Corvette Servo Blew Transmission case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this was bad for the transmission imagine how bad a SONAX servo would be then with over twice the holding power of a vette servo. Ive been running a sonax servo for 2 years no problem also.

I was told that if you are running any type of programmer or tune and you have a servo installed always return line pressure to stock, Supposedly boosted line pressure through a programmer mixed with an aftermarket servo is enough to make the case let go.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this was bad for the transmission imagine how bad a SONAX servo would be then with over twice the holding power of a vette servo. Ive been running a sonax servo for 2 years no problem also.

I was told that if you are running any type of programmer or tune and you have a servo installed always return line pressure to stock, Supposedly boosted line pressure through a programmer mixed with an aftermarket servo is enough to make the case let go.
Interesting point about the servo+tune....but I don't really buy it...Again, the Vette servo is a STOCK OEM part for the 4L60E in the Corvettes and you can easily tune and increase the line pressure in a Vette and not have any issues.

Now, with a Sonnax servo....there could be a small chance that would cause issues with increased line pressure....

OP
OP
B

brad6603

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well when i picked the tahoe up after the trans was replaced i was in a hurry on my way to work and i totally forgot to take a picture of the case. Im sure its gone now.

prosts1003

Reaction score
Got a question involving the servo. Did any of you guys notice when taking off in 1st sometimes it feels kind of sluggish. ALmost like a slipping. Then when driving and punch the gas a little, it jerks a little into 2nd gear. Is that normal for the servo? Otherwise i notice no problems. Just wondering if this is just my imagination or suppose to be like this.

i noticed the same thing feels like it is sluggish at times in first gear. i have the high performance servo from PATC in mine and other then wearing out my u joints in under 30k i love it

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i noticed the same thing feels like it is sluggish at times in first gear. i have the high performance servo from PATC in mine and other then wearing out my u joints in under 30k i love it

Thanks for the response. Yeah its not all the time, at least that i notice. Just wanted to make sure i did it right. thanks

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, I notice that sometimes too. I also notice sometimes that it wants to (or at least feel like it is) shift harder than it normally does. Every once in a while I'll just take off fairly slow and it will shift pretty hard and chirp the tires. But I also have a Blackbear tune in conjunction with my servo. I've heard thatadjusting the shift firmness with a tune can make the line pressure somewhat inconsistent. I have no clue if thats true or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy