Could a weak battery cause oil pressure indication issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chooko

Chooko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took it for a longer drive with the mechanical test gauge set up, and got the same results as in my previous posts. Steady pressures at about the same RPM/PSI combinations. I guess I'll let it cool off for a little while and then go reinstall the factory gauge sender and see what happens...

OP
OP
Chooko

Chooko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I put 'er back together with the new sender that I purchased last week and took it for a drive. Everything seemed fine, so I went up to Auozone and bought a new filter and oil, figuring to give it an oil change today. And now for my next oil related issue...

I just pulled the pan plug to drain it. As I got the plug loose, I started to see drops of water coming out. Now there was not a lot of water in the oil, and its hard to estimate how much, but I'd guess about an ounce, a couple of ounces at the most.

The Tahoe has been sitting outside since mid February, and not run until the last week. I imagine that over that amount of time SOME water would get into the engine from condensation on the daily cycle, and not running the engine to burn it off. But that might also be wishful thinking. If its not that, I'm thinking bad head gasket, cracked head, or cracked block. What easy method can I use to try to determine which of those things is the issue, or, is it possible that its just condensation from the prolonged sitting?

*Edit to add, the oil is not "milk-shaky" and has not been so on the dip[stick as I've been checking it the last few days either.*

Joe

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That is why they tell people that just use their vehicle for short trips or sits, that the condensation can get in that oil and dilute it or break it down. If you saw water and not a coolant mix, I would bet that is it. Check the oil fill cap and the dipstick for signs of milky buildup and that is a sure sign of coolant in the oil. As long as it is running fine and you are not losing coolant, I would not worry about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts