Crankshaft position sensor went bad can it get me home?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Well you’re lifted so you can just crawl right under there. It’s pretty straight forward. 2 bolts holding the starter. I think 13mm or 14mm. Just move the starter out of the way. Doesn’t need to be completely removed. Then reach up in there with a 10mm for the sensor and it comes right out. Be gentle with the wiring, it’s tucked under the manifold and exposed to a ton of heat so it will likely be brittle

Source: I’ve done this about 10 times this past month. Fingers crossed you’re situation is just a simple sensor
Thanks boss I appreciate it

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
So my two buddy’s who work in the shop one said to drive it home just might take a couple try’s to get it started the other said to unplug the sensor all together that it will start and run but will run rough but by doing so it wouldn’t stall out on me like it did anyways
Still thinking on picking up that sensor Tuesday just incase so I’ll have it on hand when I go to head home the last thing I want is to get stuck on ocratraz

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a pic for the crankshaft position sensor? lol I thought that was it but it was the cam sensor on the front I guess by the balancer
it's behind the starter, you will need to disconnect the battery then unbolt the starter and drop it down and maybe the bracket behind it.
when you go to pull the sensor out spray it up real good first with some kind of lubricant and then start by twisting back and forth slowly then ease it out they are known to break apart and then you will be fishing pieces of it out of there, when you put the new one in lube the seal so it doesn't get messed up and start leaking
probably going to make life easier by removing the front right wheel as well.
might not require a relearn but I would do one anyway
to do the relearn parking brake should set, and then follow the directions it will tell you to cycle the key, then when it tells you too apply the regular brake pedal and use your other foot to rev the engine until the fuel cuts off (around 4k). then your done

**if you are using a clone tech2 then you will want to plug in a 12v power adapter to house power at the bottom right corner of the tech2, because when you cycle the key the clone tech2 will loose vehicle power it's the only defect of the clones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gbtbrs