Creaking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, 2008 yukon xl having a strange creaking noise when pressing the brake. Brakes are about a year old 10k miles and it's not the same as wear pad sound anyway. The sound happens under 35 mph only. And from the point of putting into gear you hear it when you let off the brake and start to roll. Also when touching the brake from about 35 and slower. Once you let go of pedal creaking stops. Maybe a bushing or something? Any ideas would be appreciated.

OP
OP
C

chris08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update when and sprayed all bushings I can find front and back and sway bar mounts. Still no difference

fulcherw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have same issue,just read on another GM forum there is a TSB on lubing the piston inside of the rubber boot.

OP
OP
C

chris08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. My mechanic is supposed to be picking the truck up today as I couldn't find it and asked him yesterday. If he doesn't come today I'll give it a try. Do you have a link to the tsb? Also did you try it yet to see if that worked?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkeesy

Latest posts