Curse of the 02-06 Escalade 3rd Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Well, the curse of the 02-06 Escalade 3rd brake light has struck! One side wasn't working so I decided to remove the light to see if the fix might be simple. NOT! The backside of the housing was previously broken (by a car wash, maybe?) and put it back together with glue and tape. Then he glued the housing to the trim piece. Below is what it looked like when I got it unglued from the trim piece.

Any suggestions for repairs? Or, has anyone swapped out it out for a Tahoe, Yukon or newer Escalade model 3rd brake light?brokenbrakelight2.jpgbrokebrakelight1.jpg

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I am raising the dead, but it is on purpose this time!

Did you ever get this resolved?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup…. Seen this happen to a lot of them. There’s a couple services that can fix the LEDs as well as fix the backsides of the plastic screw mounting tabs. I chatted with one guy last week based out of Tennessee. He seemed quite knowledgeable on these things. Mine has a crack in the outer housing though which apparently isn’t fixable.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I know I am raising the dead, but it is on purpose this time!

Did you ever get this resolved?
I bit the bullet and bought an OE new old stock 3rd brake light and a used trim piece. Not cheap, but works fine and looks good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AWink24