Custom box REPLACE FACTORY location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jdpber

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DaveTheSlyrt-- yea i will take down dimensions once it is all fine tuned.. been busy lately and haven't had time to work but hope to finish things up this week.. as you can imagine there has been a lot of time spent sitting in back of truck thinking and looking and bad cuts and trashed test pieces of card board.. but i have kept thinking.. clean sleek hidden no cargo loss and 3rd row use... i have portly spent as much time if not more thinking and developing the design than actual build time and labor.. it has drug on and im motivated to finish hopefully i do just that this week.

OP
OP
jdpber

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMAO thats good. i titled mine the Stealth System.. trying to hid everything and make it look as close to stock as possible...

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DaveTheSlyrt-- yea i will take down dimensions once it is all fine tuned.. been busy lately and haven't had time to work but hope to finish things up this week.. as you can imagine there has been a lot of time spent sitting in back of truck thinking and looking and bad cuts and trashed test pieces of card board.. but i have kept thinking.. clean sleek hidden no cargo loss and 3rd row use... i have portly spent as much time if not more thinking and developing the design than actual build time and labor.. it has drug on and im motivated to finish hopefully i do just that this week.

could have just bought this. :p

http://www.mtx.com/thunderforms/p_7/Tahoe_2001_2006/show.html

OP
OP
jdpber

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I could have spent $300 o. That mtx box but I have to tools and wanted a project. Also I have $20 invested in a sheet of mdf, screws, and a tube of liquid nails. I spent the remaining saved money on more audio equipment

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I could have spent $300 o. That mtx box but I have to tools and wanted a project. Also I have $20 invested in a sheet of mdf, screws, and a tube of liquid nails. I spent the remaining saved money on more audio equipment

no, i hear ya. it's definitely rewarding when you can take some spare parts laying and turn them into something useful.

i went the other route and found a factory box to use. just need to get back on track and wire up my amp and get my sub.

OP
OP
jdpber

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cant justify that amount of money for a mass produced plastic box.. but if it suites your budget it looks like a great box that is for sure...

OP
OP
jdpber

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the box faze one finished.. now on to the fiber glass... and the dermal out the factory vent/speaker grill

Attachments

• box4.jpg
    box4.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 565
OP
OP
jdpber

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some more pics of the back notch out for around the gas fill and the wheel well.. NO it is not a vented box.. the last piece is not installed at time of the photo. also the start of the dermal out of the grill

Attachments

• photo-23.jpg
    photo-23.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 583
  • photo-24.jpg
    photo-24.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 564
  • photo-25.jpg
    photo-25.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 558

Forum statistics

Threads