Dash and Ac Lights problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, heres the results of my radio shack trek:

272-1092: These are the super-tiny bulbs that light up whenever recirc, fresh, ac, rear-defog is selected.

272-1154 - These are slightly bigger than the 1092s, are for the backlighting of the switches mentioned above. (This is what I was needing, my orig post wasnt clear.)

Theres a 3rd series of bulbs in the ac control unit, they backlight the ac control panel dials. They are even bigger than the 1154s. Dont know what p/n these cross to.

maybe this will help someone.

john

I just used the 1092's foe everything. They were a little easier to work with. The 1154 wires are bigger, and you have to get a cleaner hole to fish the wires in to solder. I just wanted to keep the heat down on the board. The illumination is the same.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used the 1092's foe everything. They were a little easier to work with. The 1154 wires are bigger, and you have to get a cleaner hole to fish the wires in to solder. I just wanted to keep the heat down on the board. The illumination is the same.

For a cleaner solder free hole, all I can say is "Desoldering Gun"!!! I did the braid crap but ponied up the money for the gun and that was the ticket!! As for the bulbs, the 1154 bulbs were best used for me when replacing the same type of bulb, otherwise the 1092's were the easiest to use most of the time!!

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually the desoldering braid worked quite well for me. It takes a little longer on the heat if you are using a low wattage iron. I was able to get the old bulbs out, and resolder the 1092's with out hardly having to add much more solder.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually the desoldering braid worked quite well for me. It takes a little longer on the heat if you are using a low wattage iron. I was able to get the old bulbs out, and resolder the 1092's with out hardly having to add much more solder.

Just saying, the braid worked alright but the desoldering gun is awesome!! Can't believe I hadn't bought one years ago!! I think I only paid 10 or 12 bucks from Radioshack, it was cheap!!

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saying, the braid worked alright but the desoldering gun is awesome!! Can't believe I hadn't bought one years ago!! I think I only paid 10 or 12 bucks from Radioshack, it was cheap!!

Hopefully I won't have to solder anymore bulbs. If I do I will give it a try.

John__M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Solder sucker / plunger thingy I have works ok too. But really, Im not too worried about putting too much heat into the pcb, theres nothing near the light bulb sockets (as in no ICs).

VEGAStahoeZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
very helpfull. mine have been out for a couple months now.. just havnt had the time to take it apart and see what the problem was.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solder sucker / plunger thingy I have works ok too. But really, Im not too worried about putting too much heat into the pcb, theres nothing near the light bulb sockets (as in no ICs).

I have one of those as well but it wasn't working nearly as good as the desoldering gun!! I tell ya, it's the cat's meow!!

OP
OP
robb.

robb.

Reaction score
its not the bulbs......i switched back to my old cluster..and another i had in the garage...and still ..no lights come on.....same goes for the ac lights and the dimmer switch......

baldd86

Reaction score
Those bulbs give away quick. Why not just put leds that what I did

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52