Dash rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Tahoe2004

Reaction score
My noise was caused by a loose wire connection. Didnt look as thought it woul have been the cause and might never have found it if I didnt notice a broken zip-tie. When stopped the wires looked like they should have but when I moved/hit bumps it would 'tick'/cause a rattle sound.

Just noticed your mount of the Brake controler....
Is that what it is?

If so... You have it mounted correctly? Does it work well like that?
I ask as I have Tekonsha P3 (Looks similar to the pic and why I ask). I understood that it had to be parrallel to the ground (+/-).
Mount.jpg
is mine, but it looks as though your manual-overide would be easier to reach if you needed to use it.
Abn Panzer:
Where did you find the loose wire connection? Where did you see the broken zip tie? I've got the same problem and it's driving me nuts.

Z71Tahoe2004

Reaction score
Cool, I think I see what you are talking about, I will have to go out and check mine out!! Thanks for the pic!
Rivieraracing - did you ever figure out what was causing that rattle you talk about in this thread? I've got the same problem and am having trouble finding anything. It's killing me.

Blue 04 Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping an old thread. Mine truck is doing the same thing and I've had my interior ripped apart for months trying to find it. I have since pulled my console and have had my wife drive and I still cannot find the source of this sound. Driving me nuts. I have replaced the lower steering bearing and the Intermediate steering shaft.
th_7236FF5C-B184-41CA-B2F1-ED5E51A78932_zpsdoofwnnu.jpg

Canuck Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bumping an old thread. Mine truck is doing the same thing and I've had my interior ripped apart for months trying to find it. I have since pulled my console and have had my wife drive and I still cannot find the source of this sound. Driving me nuts. I have replaced the lower steering bearing and the Intermediate steering shaft.
th_7236FF5C-B184-41CA-B2F1-ED5E51A78932_zpsdoofwnnu.jpg
Check your brake pedal. It has a nylon bushing that will wear out.

superjet223

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this in my Yukon. I found mine was the kick panel itself. There are two screws on the bottom to remove. I noticed it was just a little tight causing the panel to touch/rattle against the metal brace behind it. I put a few sticky pads on the brace (like you'd put on chair legs with wood floors) which somewhat fixed it. I'd hear it intermittently and found just loosening the panel screws has solved it. Nothing since. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cory Lambo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue...cant find it for the life of me....im ready to get rid of this thing its driving me crazyyyyy ive torn every thing apart even put in new shocks....cant find anything

MPDano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, me too. I thought I got it by finding a missing bolt on one of the heats shields over the drivers side exhaust. It helped but I can still hear it internally. I''ll need to look for some loose wiring under the dash to see this resolves it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete70