Daylight Running Lamps - Different Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What type of DRL Bulbs or LED's are you guys running?

I just had one of my LED Bulbs somewhat crap out on me and I had forgotten HOW MUCH those bright suckers from v-leds.com did cost. (Almost 80 bucks a pop).

The factory bulbs seem a bit boring to me and also not very bright, so I am looking for any alternatives which do not cost me an arm and a leg.

I had cheaper LED Bulbs before I bought the expensive ones, but the cheap ones were not bright at all.

Any suggestions, or do I just go for the expensive ones again?

Thanks in advance.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some from superbrightLEDs. Something like $20 a piece I think. The ones I have are really bright. Even during the day they are extremely bright.

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some from superbrightLEDs. Something like $20 a piece I think. The ones I have are really bright. Even during the day they are extremely bright.

I think I tried the ones you had suggested to me a while back (approx. a year ago) and those were way to dim for my taste. I put those in my X3 Tails as the back up bulb.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm. Unless they got worse I don't know. I have 5% tint on my front windows and I can still see pretty good with those as my reverse lights at night.
May have been a bad batch or something. But, that's just what I had suggested. I know there are a lot of other users on here with other bulbs. Hopefully they can chime in and give you some ideas for some other bulbs. If no one says anything about cheaper bulbs you may just have to go with the expensive ones again. Or, just experiment with cheaper bulbs you find.

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting these from v-leds. Has anybody had any luck with them?

http://www.vleds.com/5k-white-21-led-parking-backup-light-bulbs-3156-3157-4057-1-pair.html

Have not tried those, but the ones I am replacing right now because of the bulb failure are from V-Leds.

Can't say I am happy with a LED Bulb failing in less than 12 month during normal operation, especially after paying nearly 80 bucks for the set at the time.

When I contacted V-Leds to inform them of my issue, there was no inquiry in regards to what they could possibly do to help me with the bad bulb. However, there was plenty of interest in selling me a new set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus