DDM HID Kit w/ Slim Ballast (33w or 55w)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
what do you guys think of this?? Essentially with HIDs, you should have projector housings....

Not true.

HIDs are designed to run in either a projector housing or in a HID reflector housing.

As far as those headlights, I have no experience with them. But I am sure they are junk.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
no kidding...i thought it was projector only bc of the glare.

Any recommendations on the housing you mentioned?

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of car manufactures use HID reflector housing. I know Lincoln used them a lot, Mercedes and I even think some of the new Prius cars use them.

The only true HID reflector housing I have seen made for our generation SUVs were manufactured by TYC and came with their own HID kit. They seem to have been in limited quantities though. Only seller I seen offer them was on ebay. But they are now all out of them.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
ahh, you just jogged my memory....i remember you writing about that kit in another post!!

W/o going the HID route, any lights you can recommend? My hi's are great, but the lo's are just not bright enough.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Google, "hir headlights"

Dont be disdouraged about running HIDs though. TYC sells some housings with a glare shield which will cut down on glare.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of car manufactures use HID reflector housing. I know Lincoln used them a lot, Mercedes and I even think some of the new Prius cars use them.

The only true HID reflector housing I have seen made for our generation SUVs were manufactured by TYC and came with their own HID kit. They seem to have been in limited quantities though. Only seller I seen offer them was on ebay. But they are now all out of them.

yes sir, i got an email back the other day saying TYC discontinued them for sure and he is OUT! Carpartnation dude told me to check out this place since he deals with them for HID bulbs. http://www.sonicmotor.com/default.asp

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score

GoodmanOX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after reading some threads I'm still a little confused; the Elegante Diamond Clear Headlights by TYC from Stylin' Trucks appear to not be compatable with HID kits. Is this true? Anyone running the TYC elegante with ddm hid kits? And which ddm kit should i get? the 35 or 55w. and do i need the harness?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate