De-badged, and painted front logo black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJP

Reaction score
Today started as my normal wash day and I decided I would finally de-badge my 2006 Yukon. I removed the GMC, and Yukon logo from the back, and the 2 Yukon logos on the front doors, also removed the SLT badges from the back doors. Finally I painted the front GMC logo black to match the rest of my truck. Sadly it was so late when I finally finished that I didn't get pics, but will first thing in the morning. Have to say I am super happy with the way it turned out.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you like it! makes them look so much cleaner imo. Looking forward for the pics!

OP
OP
A

AJP

Reaction score
The front logo black is just amazing, should be stock on black vehicles. We also painted my buddies Sierra Denali GMC logo.

I was back and forth on removing the molding from the doors but for now left it.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Yeah I left the side moldings on mine too, an 01, I have been thinking of taking them off but will have to wait till spring. To dang cold here already!

OP
OP
A

AJP

Reaction score
Yeah it is getting cold here to. The back badges I just used fishing line, then goo gone to get the adhesive off. For the side badges I busted out the heat gun and they came off so much better and cleaner.

OP
OP
A

AJP

Reaction score
Pics as promised

gmc010large.jpg

gmc011large.jpg

gmc012large.jpg

gmc014large.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads