Debadging and Removing Mouldings???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thor1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
demold

warm sunny day/heat gun/ and the 3m eraser wheell. off in no time.. took me an hour to do both sides and the rear badges.. then just finish off with some good polish/wax and a microfiber or those baby diapers that are made out of actual cloth .. perfection..

OP
OP
B

Brooster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so i went ans got the eraser wheel and everything and finally got around to takin them all off. and i say... you guys give great advice and i do good work:) i am 100% satisfied and you can not even tell they were ever there.

Attachments

• Tahoe.jpg
    Tahoe.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 80

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waxed dental floss is an acceptable substitute for the fishing line as well. (i like mint :) )

plus one on this, the line broke on me too much cause it got hot and the line failed. Use some gloves too. Heat it with a hiar dryer and work your way slowly with the floss. I also used one of those non-scratch brilo pad type things to get the residue off. takes a while but its worth it. Then use some scratch off from wally world to take out any blemish. Wax that puppy and your golden

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

eraser wheel probably does it twice as nice, so if you have it or get it use that!

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
I did mine with NO problems. I got it real hot with a hair dryer and pulled them all off. then used goo gone to get the goo off...

no problems.

Exactly what I did and no problems at all. No paint came off and mine is an 01done in 08 so it was on older paint. Thought that might be an issue but it wasnt.

Noto81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I would have found this before I did mine by hand and a putty knife. Used the knife, very carefully, to pull it away enough to get my fingers behind them. Had to do it in sections on different days because my fingers were raw.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
use it as a 'saw' to cut thru the adhesive.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is. plus it is waxed so it won't damage the paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100