Decommissioned Tahoe PPV: Auxiliary Battery and Its Usage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc7708ems

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's a (dumb?) question - and if there's a better place to ask it, please let me know...

I have a 2020 Tahoe LT. I am fiddling around with various projects, most recently beefing up 12V power and access to it. I have a plan going for the aux battery add, and researching for that made me wonder about:

in the left rear, just above the fuse panel, there are two studs/posts. I believe that in the PPV/dual-battery setup, one of these is constant power from the aux battery. My beast, lacking that battery at present, has no power. What I'm wondering is if the wiring from the engine compartment to the rear that WOULD supply power is there, or where to look and see - and, if not, is there an "easy" way to run that? It looks like the "X1A" and "X2A" in the upfitter diagram for X50E (Fuse Block - Battery Auxiliary) would be the front end of those lines (page 3-44 in the 2018 Upfitter guide - 2020 for some reason doesn't have the SUVs in the Upfitter selections) Attaching the pages for quick reference.
You and I have the same question and if possible what size wire would need to be run for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrollJones