Denali headlights in regular yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent been on the board at all in the last few weeks, but I just got done with my retrofit. I picked up a pair of the Denali headlights on ebay, got the Morimoto projectors from www.theretrofitsource.com . I got some adapter plates from a guy named John (thedrummer) on www.gmfullsize.com . He is a pretty cool guy, just message him. You have to find someone that makes these, as they are not commercially available. I took out the old projector and put the new projector in and siliconed them in to make them water tight. Waiting on Spencers HID's to come in...........kinda irritated about that.......but whatever. Here is a pic of what they look like finished.
IMG_0901.gif
IMG_0906.gif
IMG_0905.gif
They were really simple, it was just a couple bolts. Here is a shot of the stock projector...
IMG_0902.gif

And here is a shot of the Morimoto, in the housing, but you can see the lens is clear and doesnt have that wavy glass that diminishes the light.....

IMG_0904.gif

I am going to have a ton in this set up so it better look good when it is all said and done....here is a breakdown

2 OEM Denali housings 200.00
The Adapter Plates 50.00
The projectors 130.00
And I got Hi's and lows
on the HID's 330.00

I will have just over 700 in lights..........I will post before and after pics....if I ever get my crap from Spencer......

Last edited:

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made my own adapter plates for my spec D tuning lights, it was pretty easy, just use a piece of aluminum and cut it to fit. Worth saving the extra $50.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question but just went to TRS site and for the mini h1s projector with shroud is $130. So my question is, is this a good price for 1 side and what else would be needed besides what Brian stated about the adapter plates? New to retrofitting and would like to do 1 soon, I've had an extra set of Denali headlights for the purpose of doing this one day.

criffaaa1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question but just went to TRS site and for the mini h1s projector with shroud is $130. So my question is, is this a good price for 1 side and what else would be needed besides what Brian stated about the adapter plates? New to retrofitting and would like to do 1 soon, I've had an extra set of Denali headlights for the purpose of doing this one day.

These are the ones you want the price is for a set of projectors
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...-xenon-morimoto-mini-h1-6-0.html#.UvMETNO3PFo

Or if you want to cut all searching b.s. out. get this then all you'll need are the plates.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-retrofit-kits.html

sent from my Crifftastic $3

Last edited:

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris, looking into now and sent them an email. Looking forward to doing a retro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ela2q