Denali headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eroracing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone I was just wondering if and how easy it would be to change my stock headlights to the ones like on the denali (plug and play would be great) ? I don't want any hids or anything crazy like that just a way to get the stock denali look with at least as good as stock light output. I would also like to change out the lower light and blinker lens as it has dulled over the years. My vehicle is a 2003 gmc yukon. Any advice or links to help me find what I'm looking for would be great.... Of course money is always part of the equation so if I get stock looking results by using aftermarket and save a few bucks that would be great! Thx

Eddie

Last edited:

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull your pins.
Remove headlights.
Put in denali headlights.
Install pins.

Done.

I highly recommend you pop the projector off the back and clean the projector lense.
They get cloudy after awhile,mcleaning them increases light output substantially.

OP
OP
E

Eroracing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So your saying I can just install them utilizing same bulbs and stock wiring? Should I just get the oem ones(they are very expensive ) or is there maybe a less expensive aftermarket option that is as good as oem keeping same styling? Sorry for all the questions just don't want to spend a bunch of money and regret my purchase!

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, they ise same bulbs, and wiring. Just plug them in and go.
I ran 55watt hid's in mine with zero problems.
Just get a quality relay harness from retrofitsource.com

Find a good set of used ones, they pop up from time to time.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
before you put the Denali lights in, do a quick retrofit in them. You'll be more than pleased!

OP
OP
E

Eroracing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Retrofit? Sounds like more than I would like to take on! But for curiosities sake what do you mean by Retrofit? Bye the way found some denali headlights on Craigslist for $65 is that a good deal?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
E

Eroracing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I lost out on those headlights.... Someone got to them before me! And no way will I do the retrofit.... But those depos look pretty decent almost like stock denalis maybe I will pick up a set of those... Are those plug and play as well?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I lost out on those headlights.... Someone got to them before me! And no way will I do the retrofit.... But those depos look pretty decent almost like stock denalis maybe I will pick up a set of those... Are those plug and play as well?

yes but about 50% less light than your current OEM headlights. That's the point of the retrofit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy