Denali pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott6760

Reaction score
For what it's worth, the rear entertainment is fairly useless. It has composite video inputs for one, and our kid will probably just watch movies on an iPad anyway. He's only 14 months now, so not watching much of anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
minisoda

minisoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good eye... they made a mistake over the phone, but it does have rear entertainment.

That said, I will probably just get a nice iPad headrest mount or something similar.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called and visited a few shops today. One local shop had a '16 Denali in the right color with every option I needed EXCEPT adaptive cruise, which I definitely want for the longer road trips. Between that and the lane keep assist, I'm hoping to get some good shut eye while driving. ;-)

Also, spoke with a very helpful sales rep at Laura. They clearly know their stuff, but have already moved out the 2016's.

Seems like the changes of getting into a Denali near 60 are not good.... not sure what other avenues to explore.

Adaptive cruise control sucks dude. I wish I could turn mine off!!!! The gap, even set at the smallest, is many many car lengths. Meaning if you are coming up on a car it will slow your roll maybe 5 car lengths out. Doesn't sound like a big deal but it stinks, especially if you're sitting in the right lane and are going to pass the car ahead of you by going to the left lane. Unless you start your pass WAAAYYYY early, that slow car in the right lane is going to slow you down.

It's kinda neat the first time but then you realize it's very intrusive.

I'm sure others absolutely love it. Just my .02

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adaptive cruise control sucks dude. I wish I could turn mine off!!!! The gap, even set at the smallest, is many many car lengths. Meaning if you are coming up on a car it will slow your roll maybe 5 car lengths out. Doesn't sound like a big deal but it stinks, especially if you're sitting in the right lane and are going to pass the car ahead of you by going to the left lane. Unless you start your pass WAAAYYYY early, that slow car in the right lane is going to slow you down.

It's kinda neat the first time but then you realize it's very intrusive.

I'm sure others absolutely love it. Just my .02

He makes a great point, opinions vary widely ... it shouldn't be different, but I find the closest setting on mine is pretty tight to the car in front eg at 75mph, it will leave about 2 car lengths between me and the vehicle in front

I absolutely love it, made it a must-have on any subsequent vehicles ... I now hate driving without it, especially on highways

OP
OP
minisoda

minisoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had it a previous 5 series BMW and loved it. Will be interesting to see how well GM implements the feature and how many miles I can sleep while driving.

scott6760

Reaction score
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic about sleeping while driving, but I give you about 2 miles before it either crashes or screeches to a halt and wakes you up.

The adaptive cruise isn't terrible. It is a bit intrusive if you intend to negotiate your way through traffic. It's pretty much only useful if you just pick a lane and stick with it. You sort of need to adapt your driving style to it.

The lane keeping assist is just about worthless. It sometimes crosses over the line before steering back into your lane. At that point it's usually over corrected to the point that it's now headed towards the opposite lane and will again cross the line before correcting. It's nothing more than a novelty as far as I'm concerned. I have it in a Mercedes and it's much better.

I had 3 friends in the Denali on Sunday and was showing them the adaptive cruise and the lane keeping assist. We were on a divided highway but there are traffic lights every few miles. A light ahead turned red in PLENTY of time to stop. I said 'let me see if it will stop the truck'. Well it started braking way too late and didn't brake hard enough. I had to slam on the brakes, the tires were howling, and the car in front of us went halfway into the intersection because he thought we were going to hit him. This was on a flat, straight road. There's no reason the adaptive cruise shouldn't have 'seen' the car in front of me slowing down.

Other than that one incident it seems to work reasonably well. But it's by no means autonomous or even semi-autonomous.

OP
OP
minisoda

minisoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:hahano: Yup, I was just joking about that.... We do a decent amount of road trips to visit family. Not a ton of traffic on the interstate we travel, but when there is it's nice to use adaptive cruise to stay with the flow of traffic.

Adaptive Cruise on the BMW 550i was spectacular. The vehicle could come to a complete stop and would resume when traffic started again. It was wonderful for stop and go city traffic.

OP
OP
minisoda

minisoda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the dealership is balking at my negotiation attempts on the 2016 demo Denali. MSRP is $78k so fully loaded. They are currently at $64,500. I started at 59 and when that didn't go well, I asked if they'd come down to $62k. I know it's a high dollar MSRP but 7k miles is a lot and I think the offer is pretty fair.

Salesman has been very professional and easy to deal with. I told him I am ready to put a down payment on the vehicle and sign a deal if we can come together on price.

Am I out in left field here?

scott6760

Reaction score
I think $62k is pretty reasonable. I got $12.5k off of mine and it only had 3k miles. 7k is almost a used car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CountryRoads