Is This A PPV, An SSV, or What?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While the thread is about a GMT-900 and the above it accurate; it only holds until 2020; 2021+ PPVs can be configured in 4x4.
my neighbor is a sheriff and has a brand new 2024, 4x4 but it's not configured for ppv, I see that they can be though, I was just talking to him about it a couple weeks ago
the new ones have so many nannies.... they must have them tuned out or something for police work. The standard vehicle has shown pretty dismal testing.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my neighbor is a sheriff and has a brand new 2024, 4x4 but it's not configured for ppv, I see that they can be though, I was just talking to him about it a couple weeks ago
the new ones have so many nannies.... they must have them tuned out or something for police work. The standard vehicle has shown pretty dismal testing.
Yep, fascinating that besides the brake packages and the OEM tires the SSV/PPV are becoming more software changes than physical.

The option codes are in the truck, which makes me think that you can probably make a civilian Tahoe a PPV/SSV and disable the stupid tech with the right software.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... the new GMT 1xx have so many nannies ... they must have them tuned out or something for police work. Standard GMT 1xx vehicles have shown pretty dismal testing.
Although you're ABSOLUTELY right about PPV & SSV tuning (which is more complex than ever),
are y'all aware that the PPV's PCV system uses the Corvette PCV system (including much taller valvecovers),
while all the other engines don't?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although you're ABSOLUTELY right about PPV & SSV tuning (which is more complex than ever),
are y'all aware that the PPV's PCV system uses the Corvette PCV system (including much taller valvecovers),
while all the other engines don't?
I haven't heard of any component upgrades to the engine, so unsure why this would be case other than appearance
all it say's under engine is
5.3L V8 VVT (variable valve timing), Direct high-pressure fuel injection with Dynamic Fuel Management (DFM)that allows engine to operate in 17 different cylinder patterns (as few as two cylinders) to optimize powerdelivery and efficiency. The DFM controller calculates 80 times per second to determine how many cylindersare required to meet the driver’s requested torque. (see powertrain page for description and emissions, see alsospecifications page)
engine is noted a L84 without any other changes noted
the projected top end is spec'd lower in both 124/4wd, 130/2wd although "they should" do more than that
and that is without equipment.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CountryRoads