Denali vs LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U

uscgto

Reaction score
We understand you move and essential but is very easy to pick what you need on you price or budget, just let you know if you have a big family like me, i think that is the reason why you pick a super luxury american car made in USA.
I'm from another country and i'm proud to buy a made in USA car.
When my 2009 Denali burn in February i have 1 month rental suburban and is when a realize how much i miss my Denali, incomparable.
drive the 2 cars first and pick what you really need is easy. forget all paperwork is waste time you can't not compered the 2 cars you must drive.

:)

I'll concede to the point as regards driving the two cars. I am gonna b e test-driving the Denali this weekend. (something I have been saying for the past 6 weeks).

Maybe once we drive, we say, oh **** it, lets just get the denali and call it a day. But, I'll reserve that opinion until after I actually drive it.

JWAustinVTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Uscgto- I am in the exact same boat.

From what ive been able to gather - besides styling, the main difference is the engine and soon to be 8 speed. You can also get the heads up dislplay.

I need a ride now. The MSRP difference in the 2 with the equipment I want is 4k so I seriously considered the denali for the larger engine.

Dealers in Texas aren't willing to budge more than 1-2k off msrp or even accept supplier pricing.

I am picking up my suburban ltz tomorrow. I drove an lt with my family and all our stuff to Florida and back, plenty of power and better mpg than expedition.

OP
OP
U

uscgto

Reaction score

I am picking up my suburban ltz tomorrow. I drove an lt with my family and all our stuff to Florida and back, plenty of power and better mpg than expedition.

I see your posts - as regards good prices in TZ and I see you're picking up an LTZ, congrats. :) Do you mind letting me know what deal you were able to score?

I am contemplating getting it from laura GMC. but a slight hassle as regards flying in for paperwork and getting it shipped here to Houston.

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

peed. You can also get the heads up dislplay.

I need a ride now. The MSRP difference in the 2 with the equipment I want is 4k so I seriously considered the denali for the larger engine.

Dealers in Texas aren't willing to budge more than 1-2k off msrp or even accept supplier pricing.

The fact that I don't "need" a bigger engine and the fact that LTZ and SLT are available more easily than the Denali kinda helps me make a decission. I still don;t want to make a decision without test driving the denali.

JWAustinVTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gmc dealers that is, they claim denali are in short supply and demand list.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it is a more appropriate comparison between an LTZ and the GMC SLT. The Denali is a fairly big jump with the 6.2 liter and the now available 8 speed. You can option up an GMC SLT almost to the level of an LTZ (GMC would only lack the magnetic ride control and the flip up doors in the console) and still be less money. If you dont need the 6.2, try optioning up an SLT and see how it compares.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it is a more appropriate comparison between an LTZ and the GMC SLT. The Denali is a fairly big jump with the 6.2 liter and the now available 8 speed. You can option up an GMC SLT almost to the level of an LTZ (GMC would only lack the magnetic ride control and the flip up doors in the console) and still be less money. If you dont need the 6.2, try optioning up an SLT and see how it compares.
Agree

[emoji469]

JWAustinVTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ltz also has HID and power assist running boards.

Sinvr gmc not going down as much, ltz and slt came out even

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My GMC dealer in Tyler, Texas discounted ours nicely, where our Chevy house would not budge off sticker. I guess it is really up to the dealers in your area. Our loaded up SLT was 8k cheaper than an LTZ. The few upgrades the LTZ offered were not enough to sway us.

Like I say, it depends on your local dealers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wbill99hoe