Denali vs LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U

uscgto

Reaction score
My GMC dealer in Tyler, Texas discounted ours nicely, where our Chevy house would not budge off sticker. I guess it is really up to the dealers in your area. Our loaded up SLT was 8k cheaper than an LTZ. The few upgrades the LTZ offered were not enough to sway us.

Like I say, it depends on your local dealers.

Would you mind sharing more information as regards your dealer? And the pricing. I am trying to make some progress on this front.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer special ordered ours and sold it to us for dealer invoice, which equated to almost a $5000.00 savings off MSRP. 66k msrp, 61k sold price. Others have seemed to do better than that, but I was satisfied with that deal. This was at the beginning of March, we were the first to take delivery of a Yukon XL at our dealer, Hall GMC in Tyler, Texas.

I have found it is best to deal with the inventory manager directly if you are ordering, they know what is coming and what is available. Our dealer reconfigured an allocated unit to our specs.

We found that the SLT packaging was perfect for us, and we really like the look of the Yukon. We dressed it up with a Denali grill, chrome body side moldings and 22" wheels and are happy with it. Other than a 4wd issue it has been great.

You can look my other posts for a picture.

OP
OP
U

uscgto

Reaction score
My dealer special ordered ours and sold it to us for dealer invoice, which equated to almost a $5000.00 savings off MSRP. 66k msrp, 61k sold price. Others have seemed to do better than that, but I was satisfied with that deal. This was at the beginning of March, we were the first to take delivery of a Yukon XL at our dealer, Hall GMC in Tyler, Texas.

I have found it is best to deal with the inventory manager directly if you are ordering, they know what is coming and what is available. Our dealer reconfigured an allocated unit to our specs.

We found that the SLT packaging was perfect for us, and we really like the look of the Yukon. We dressed it up with a Denali grill, chrome body side moldings and 22" wheels and are happy with it. Other than a 4wd issue it has been great.

You can look my other posts for a picture.

Thank you for the detailed response..

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fact that I don't "need" a bigger engine and the fact that LTZ and SLT are available more easily than the Denali kinda helps me make a decission. I still don;t want to make a decision without test driving the denali.

If you don't "Need" a bigger engine, then buy the LTZ.
You might find that thought a little flawed in the next few weeks after you take delivery.

I take many trips between Buffalo NY and Washington, DC. Interstate 76 separates us from them.

I need a bigger engine because I find our 5.3L 6 speed Tahoe an absolute perfect example of a "truck" that begs for a bigger engine.
Don't bother with a test drive, both will feel the same on Main St..
It's when you are driving at higher interstate speeds..That's when the 5.3L lays an egg. Constantly shifting out of overdrive or dropping an extra gear when you hit 'resume'. Always sucking air on a long hill and shifting. 383 vs. 460 lbs of torque is worth everything when powering a heavy SUV with a families' worth of weight and luggage at highway speed.

I personally would never EVER buy another 5.3l.
I've been waiting for seven months, with many LTZ'z available from the same dealer.

Mind you, this vehicle is my wifes, but we drive her SUV when we travel.
After owning two Tahoes previously, a little Texas town says it all for me...
El Paso..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed23