Denalis stopping while driving- class action suit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gplan9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This just happened to us on 9/22/24in our 2022 Yukon Denali. We were driving on an expressway and the car made a ding and then went into neutral. Error message on the screen said something about the car not being able to shift. We were fortunate to be near an exit ramp which was downhill and then coasted to a gas station, which was luckily right there. The car was put in park and we were unable to start it or change gears but the battery worked and we could not stop the display screen from going on and off. We had to call OnStar and had the car towed to a GMC dealership. This was in a different state from where we live. We had to stay in a hotel and rent a car to get home. Its been five days and we have no resolution yet. Fortunately we are under warranty. Let’s keep this going and let each other know what the problem is. From what I’m reading, this is not unheard of, I’ve read several other accounts. I’ve seen two other accounts of this on TikTok. I’m wondering if this could be a class action lawsuit in the making? This is a life threatening problem.