Depo Projectors and "GAP"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I bought some depo projectors off of ebay and they look great and I assume that they are real depos. Well the plastic on the back that holds the adjusting screws is somewhat flimsy compared to the stock housings and there is the notorious wiggle that everyone speaks of. My main concern as of right now it that there is a huge gap between the depo light housing and my bumper grill. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2010-10-06173436.jpg

Last edited:

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue but I just deal with it till someone comes up with a solution.

OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just seems that alot of water will get in there and I can see my hid ballasts and i dont want those to get messed up but i was told that the adjuster screws will help but I wasnt sure if those just moved the bulbs or the housing

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just seems that alot of water will get in there and I can see my hid ballasts and i dont want those to get messed up but i was told that the adjuster screws will help but I wasnt sure if those just moved the bulbs or the housing

They will move the whole housing but I dont see how that is gonna fix the gap.

FYI the adjusting bolt is a 5/32nd.

jutte73

Reaction score
they look like they are pionted really high.. do the beams out of your lows even hit the road?? the adjusters will move the whole assembly. also did those lights come with the mounting brackets or did you have to take the ones off your factory lights. if they did maybe try putting your factory brackets on??

OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they came with the brackets already on them, and my lights do hit the road somewhat but they are aimed really high, i hadnt adjusted anything yet, i just put them in last night, i will try to adjust them today and see if that helps

jutte73

Reaction score
yeah adjust them down and out and that should take care of the gaps. i had these style on my s10 and you want the "beams" to project on to the road about 15-20 feet in front of you. the ones that i had had a cut off plate in them i would assume yours do to and you should be able to see that cut of line against your garage or another car at night you wanna try and adjust them down far enough that you dont blind people in front of you when you come up behind them lol.. let me know if the gap problem is taken care of i am looking for a good set of projectors to put in my tahoe as well.. if you could can you get a couple of night pictures when you get them adjusted i would like to see what kind of pattern the put out and if they do have a cut off plate in them or not.. thanks!

those gaps did look familure when i put mine in my s10 (just looked at some old pics) they looked the same way till i adjusted them lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess i jumped the gun a little bit bc when i put them in last night I didnt attempt to adjust them. Well I got home and as I was attempting to remove the bracket from my oem lense I realize that the screw I turning was actually adjusting the lense up and down so I looked at the depos and right there in plain sight was the vertical adjuster lol stupid me, but one of the lenses came with the adjuster in the wrong way but that was a simple fix. So now that the gaps are minimized now I just have to find a place where I can adjust them tonight. Add as far as the wiggle yeah mine wiggled but the packaging box that they came in had this thick styrofoam pads so I just cut a square and placed it between the bracket and the projector housing and my wiggle now is very minimal

MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER but now Im trying to figure out how to get my hood to lower a tad bit more on the left side. I would like it to be identical to the right side

2010-10-07152156.jpg

Last edited:

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
let me c if i can find a pic from when i have them. i dont think i had a gap like that.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

7270730090_large.jpg

Arkansaw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For clarity, only some of the Depo's have this concern. I have the OEM-looking Depos and they do not have any fitment or wiggling concerns.

They actually have wonderful fitment. Perhaps better than stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jglynn83