Depo Projectors and "GAP"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bottom left screw is the vertical adjuster, you can barely see it in the pic, the only way to use the vertical adjuster was to take the lense out, well thats the only way I could reach it

2010-10-07151145.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Mine had gap, but nothing worth worrying about. Arkansaw, you must of got some good ones then. B/c the back of mine wiggled, wont aim, screw is stripped i guess. Plastic junk, but oh well..

OP. for hood lowering, just loosen, screw down on the rubber stop, that holds the hood. Should be on the radiator support.

well apparently my hood wasnt even resting on those stops, but instead on the 2 rubber things that run on the lip of fender, im guessing one is just a lil worn more than the other side

OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have a picture of the light pattern these put off or would you be able to take one for me?? just up against a wall maybe 10-20 feet away????

thanks!

here ya go

2010-10-14195642.jpg

OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the stockers to me were brighter and it somewhat bothers me looking at each individual beam with the depos and i cant seem to get them just right, you can see what i mean in the pic above

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the stockers to me were brighter and it somewhat bothers me looking at each individual beam with the depos and i cant seem to get them just right, you can see what i mean in the pic above

that pattern looks good compared to what my halo's looked like. But those look nice. For that patter difference, i could never get it right. But i agree about stockers being brighter, thats one reason i have mine back in..

jutte73

Reaction score
ok so i am not going to lie i just dont feel like looking it up right now, but there are plenty of people looking over this thread so i figured that someone here would know anyway. i am looking at getting either the 6k or 5k HID kit from DDM with harness of course. i used there kit before on my old s10, and it sucks when you actually use your brights and go back to your lows you have to wait for the ballest to warm back up to get your full brightness back. can you do the 4 high mod with the ddm kits/harness??

thanks

ps: tntahoe, thanks for the pic that is the pattern i was hoping they would put out. but you said they factory housings are better well brighter? may just hold off on the depos then and just put the hids in the factory housings and see how they look lol.

OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the 4 high mod done with my setup and Im also using the 5k from ddm and its perfect for me i didnt want the bluish tint to mine and the 5k is spot on to what i want and i also didnt get the harness

jutte73

Reaction score
Yeah I don't want the tint either looks cheesy lol. Your is an 03 isn't it?? Mines an 02 the mod for that is to just ground the wire coming off the low bulb. Don see why it wouldn't work though. You didn't go with th harness and haven't had any problems?? I figure for the 12.50 they are charging it's worth the insurance lol. Also when you installed the kit did you have to swap the wires on your factory plugs, had to on my s10?

OP
OP
TnTahoe

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep mine is an 03 no problems so far and yeah i had to swap the wires but that was no big deal and to make it easier for ya i used zip ties to secure the ballast on the middle bar that the lenses attach to wit the metal rods piece of cake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jglynn83