Depo Projectors and "GAP"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine had gap, but nothing worth worrying about. Arkansaw, you must of got some good ones then. B/c the back of mine wiggled, wont aim, screw is stripped i guess. Plastic junk, but oh well..

OP. for hood lowering, just loosen, screw down on the rubber stop, that holds the hood. Should be on the radiator support.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
i think u might be able to take the back off the stock head light and put them on the depo's

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good! depos and soon to be LED bumpers? i like it.

I've seen a thread on the gap fixes but can't seem to find it. Just keep looking and you may find it.

jutte73

Reaction score
those lights dont come adjusted thats why there is a gap you need to adjust them, as the OP did, to take care of the gap problem. and as far as the hood yes just adust the rubber stops and see what happens. anyone have these in black?? how is the brightness of the high beams in the black housing i have heard that some black housings are terrible when you hit the brights?? also do these lights have the cut off plates in theme?? i love seeing that cut off line when i pull up behind someone or do a building lol, i dont know just me lol

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those lights dont come adjusted thats why there is a gap you need to adjust them, as the OP did, to take care of the gap problem. and as far as the hood yes just adust the rubber stops and see what happens. anyone have these in black?? how is the brightness of the high beams in the black housing i have heard that some black housings are terrible when you hit the brights?? also do these lights have the cut off plates in theme?? i love seeing that cut off line when i pull up behind someone or do a building lol, i dont know just me lol

here are the black ones on my truck:

5063229675_35ea340098_z.jpg

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are the black ones on my truck:

5063229675_35ea340098_z.jpg

those look nice.... are u running stock lights? or hid's
if u are running hids, are they h1 bulbs? how do u like the performance?

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

let me c if i can find a pic from when i have them. i dont think i had a gap like that.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

7270730090_large.jpg

sweet... liking those depos... where u getting flashed by uncoming drivers?
were they bouncing alot?

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running bids In the lows 6k to be exact. I am not sure if they are h1's I ordered them from hidguy.net.

I don't see a reason to have to use my high beams at all they suck compared to the bids in the lows. As for the wiggle mine only happens when I drive down extremely bumpy roads.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
those look nice.... are u running stock lights? or hid's
if u are running hids, are they h1 bulbs? how do u like the performance?

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

sweet... liking those depos... where u getting flashed by uncoming drivers?
were they bouncing alot?

nope never got flashed. had them aimed right. i didnt have bouncing cause i had my hid ballast behinde the light tight fit but it worked.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess i jumped the gun a little bit bc when i put them in last night I didnt attempt to adjust them. Well I got home and as I was attempting to remove the bracket from my oem lense I realize that the screw I turning was actually adjusting the lense up and down so I looked at the depos and right there in plain sight was the vertical adjuster lol stupid me, but one of the lenses came with the adjuster in the wrong way but that was a simple fix. So now that the gaps are minimized now I just have to find a place where I can adjust them tonight. Add as far as the wiggle yeah mine wiggled but the packaging box that they came in had this thick styrofoam pads so I just cut a square and placed it between the bracket and the projector housing and my wiggle now is very minimal

MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER but now Im trying to figure out how to get my hood to lower a tad bit more on the left side. I would like it to be identical to the right side

2010-10-07152156.jpg

Can you snap some pics of what the vertical adjuster looks like. I have the same gap in my stock headlights, and the only adjuster screw I found was the one that moves the bracket forward and back. But nothing to vertically adjust it.

Thanks

jutte73

Reaction score
anyone have a picture of the light pattern these put off or would you be able to take one for me?? just up against a wall maybe 10-20 feet away????

thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jglynn83