Determining Actual Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You said the carfax was showing estimated mileage? You're going to update mileage based on an estimated number? I'm a bit confused by that comment.

Any modification YOU make to the odometer now, could potentially put YOU liable for odometer fraud. I'd just leave it alone, if you don't know what the actual mileage is.
Carfax is showing **Reported** mileage, not estimated. And, as @Tonyrodz said, mileage is exempt in Texas. I did not have to report mileage when I retitled it into my name.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carfax is showing **Reported** mileage, not estimated. And, as @Tonyrodz said, mileage is exempt in Texas. I did not have to report mileage when I retitled it into my name.
look on craigslist, facebook there are people all over that do speedometer repair especially on gm's anyone of them can rewrite the mileage, there are at least 4 of them that do it here in my town locally as side gigs.

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look on craigslist, facebook there are people all over that do speedometer repair especially on gm's anyone of them can rewrite the mileage, there are at least 4 of them that do it here in my town locally as side gigs.
I actually have a guy that will do it. The point of this thread was to determine if mileage was stored in the ECU or similar, so I could have the exact mileage programmed. Alas, it is not. But thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roque44