Did I screw something up (Passlock problem after intake manifold gasket repair)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidmnix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so Saturday afternoon, I replaced my intake manifold gaskets. Now the truck runs great with no hesitation. However, I am now having issues with the Passlock system. Twice now, the passlock system has stopped me from starting the truck, and when it does crank and run, the security light stays on while driving.

I went back and checked all of the plugs to the injectors, egr, alternator, etc... They all seem fine.

Have I probably missed something or is this probably just a coincidence that it happened on the same day? I would bypass the passlock sensor and go on with life, but I want to make sure I haven't missed something first.

Thanks for any thoughts.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not likely.

When it fails to start and the theft light flashes leave the key on for 10 minutes until it goes out to do a passlock relearn. You might have to do it 3 times.

The passlock sensor is a common failure

OP
OP
D

davidmnix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I bypassed the ignition sensor with a 1kOhm resistor, and did the re-learn procedure. The passlock problem seems to be solved... Looks like it was just a coincidence. Now I have a new gremlin, though... coolant leak along with two sounds, a knocking sound and a swishing/ gurgling sound behind the dash... here we go again.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I bypassed the ignition sensor with a 1kOhm resistor, and did the re-learn procedure. The passlock problem seems to be solved... Looks like it was just a coincidence. Now I have a new gremlin, though... coolant leak along with two sounds, a knocking sound and a swishing/ gurgling sound behind the dash... here we go again.

Well the gurgling is likely from low coolant and allowing air pockets in the heater core. And the knocking sound depends on when and where you hear it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy