did some painting this weekend...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I attempted taking out the rear control box when i was putting LEDs in my maplights but it was halfassed and I backed of when i saw all the wiring. How hard is it to disconnect and reconnect?

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I attempted taking out the rear control box when i was putting LEDs in my maplights but it was halfassed and I backed of when i saw all the wiring. How hard is it to disconnect and reconnect?

well, i stripped everything out to paint it, and was afraid I'd forget how it all went, but it wasn't that much really. the hardest for me was pulling out that section of the controls, but I think I pulled it out from the wrong side of the box. and to take the map light housings out, you have to clip off those little mushroom looking plastic pieces that secure them. I had some tiny screws lying around from work to screw it back down after. Oh and take the box down from the ceiling, I think was just one screw on the end closest to the windshield.

but if your doing LEDs in the map lights, I haven't done it yet, but JK and a couple others have used this for the map lights http://www.ledlight.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=34556 and I assume they just plug in, no need to take the whole housing down and all apart. if I'm wrong, someone please correct me on that.

OP
OP
brndns_hoe

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh ok cool. i thought you were saying you went to put them in, but then backed out

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Has anyone used the SEM paint for plastic. I tried it on my dash bezel. I used the scuff and clean, and the plastic adhesion promotor then the SEM paint. I followed directions to the t and I still had more flakes than kelloggs. Said F it and primered and painted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap