Dirty Rear End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShannonAnn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know of any tricks/aftermarket mods to help with the airflow in the 2014 Tahoe? I have owned several SUV’s and never owned any that get so ridiculously dirty as the rear end of my Tahoe. I live in western Washington and it rains here... a lot. This thing is dirty as soon as I wash it, Uuugh!! The hatch is disgustingly dirty after a week of rainy roads. I don’t even want to touch it to open the hatch. HELP!!
Loving the Tahoe, Hating the Dirt Factor

F35ACCC4-A2A9-4501-8708-2A3C1C9B25E6.jpeg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Likely the way the air flows over and around it causing it to suck dirt at the rear. The slip stream is to help with fuel mileage and engineer likely did not care about the dirt.

I don't have a clue but there may be some aftermarket air foil that you can install to help with the problem or someone here knows.

I don't have that problem with my 2005.

OP
OP
S

ShannonAnn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Likely the way the air flows over and around it causing it to suck dirt at the rear. The slip stream is to help with fuel mileage and engineer likely did not care about the dirt.

I don't have a clue but there may be some aftermarket air foil that you can install to help with the problem or someone here knows.

I don't have that problem with my 2005

Ya, thanks, I understand why it’s happening but looking/hoping for someone that’s had this problem and come up with a solution. I’ve got decent mudflaps already.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am talking about something at the roof area. Got no idea what it would be but it sounds like it is not necessarily coming from the rear tires throwing dirt up but an air flow that is pulling grime in.

Last edited:

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I don’t believe there’s any way around it. Can apply a good hydrophobic ceramic coating (or a good wax) so it’s more easily removed with a washing. And I hear you. This happened after one bird watching trip around some dirt roads...

82E455DE-9C59-424A-ADB2-C5F358567F1B.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065