DIY Vinyl Wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacklaceyz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Planning on self wrapping my tahoe soon. Was wondering if I could get some help from you guys. Are there any good instruction guides/detailed youtube videos out there? Ive found a few myself but I know that there are better resources somewhere. I plan on buying 3M Military Green vinyl. One thing that worries me are the z71 moldings. Most jobs Ive seen posted on this forum have been standard tahoe models, which seem to be much smoother and even (especially on the hood, my main concern). Any advice or feedback would be great

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just take your time and have at least 1 other person help you.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat gun is a must for going around curves and will make it 100% easier on you
+1 on having another help and use a felt applicator it will help not leave scratches in the vinyl. take your time is the biggest thing. trust me do this for a living lol

another tip is try and get a vinyl that is air release it will make the job easier and if you spot bubbles or wrinkle after the fact of being done they will just press out easily

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I do day in and day out. I own a sign shop and we do wraps alot. There are a few specific tools that would make it a lot easier but you definitely need a torch/heat gun, squeegee or roller, alcohol to clean the surface before you start. Go to Fellers website and you can get some awesome tools and videos. That's where I order from mostly. There is also a great book on wraps by Craig Campbell that has tons of tips and tricks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968