DJM LCA Question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the DJM LCA re-index the torsion bar or move the ball joint up a couple inches for the spindle to mount?

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could crank the tortions down, body drop or both. You would get 1.5in all the way around if you body dropped, then you could crank tortions down more.

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have keys and spindles... I had my lowering keys cranked and I was at 5/5, but it rode like crap. So I raised the keys up 1" and now its good. I was hoping the LCA's would just bring the ball joint up and not mess with the torsion bars. I dont want to mess with relocating the bumpers on the body drop either.
I think i want to try the F9100 bags on the rear, but Im not sure if it will be lower than the 5" springs Im running now... I know it will ride better, but I would like to get another inch and a good ride for $400 worth of bags.

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, the UCA and LCA combo will also tweak the ball joints just a little to sit a bit more level at a lowered height.

On a side note, I've had nothing but HELL with my DJM uppers and lowers. The torsion holes aren't "indexed" right so my truck is either WAY too high or so low the tires hit the fenders. There's no in between. I finally had to put my 2" keys back in and set it all the way down just to match the rear drop. Every tech at DJM thought I was making it up! WTF???

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
derek this is the first ive heard of this. Ive sold many kits on here and installed/sold her locally over the past 10 years never had this issue.

Who did you talk to at djm?

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

I already have keys and spindles... I had my lowering keys cranked and I was at 5/5, but it rode like crap. So I raised the keys up 1" and now its good. I was hoping the LCA's would just bring the ball joint up and not mess with the torsion bars. I dont want to mess with relocating the bumpers on the body drop either.
I think i want to try the F9100 bags on the rear, but Im not sure if it will be lower than the 5" springs Im running now... I know it will ride better, but I would like to get another inch and a good ride for $400 worth of bags.

ive done the djm 4 icnh trailblazer rear drop spring on them its fine and will be over 1 inch lower than what your at now in rear.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if you cut off the bracket your good to go

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
derek this is the first ive heard of this. Ive sold many kits on here and installed/sold her locally over the past 10 years never had this issue.

Who did you talk to at djm?

It's been about 6 months so I don't remember exactly who, but I did call at least 4 or 5 times! Maybe Tim? Either way, do you have any insight to this? It's on a 00 NBS Tahoe. Never wrecked, cut up (yet) or seriously modded. Torsion bars are stock from this truck and have around 30k on them in a lowered stance, Otherwise they have about 100k on them. I've flipped the bars around, swapped sides, etc... NOTHING.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100