DOD Delete Cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, again, he didn't guarantee no problems, but said turning it off would greatly help my odds. And he did it for free, I think; or damn near.

FWIW, as far as lifters, in general, go- an episode of 'Engine Masters' said that well-built, reliable, lifters were becoming near impossible to find.

joe

you're right, I definitely have mine turned off, oil blocked and vented in the whole afm system and just fingers crossed I don't do many long trip with it and just fingers crossed it doesn't fail on the road somewhere.

I was just watching an interview with a European race team that runs v8s and they said they have had to bring all engine work in house as nothing from American builders and suppliers are any good anymore. I have noticed watching that even the bigger name shops engines are failing a few times a season when they used to go the whole season with a just a off season inspection. the Japanese engine cars are not having this problem as long as they source parts directly from Japan. sadly Japan hasn't decided to made high end ls parts yet. they have offered to buy some shuttered metal forging building here to help with our rail road supply since shipping across the ocean isn't worth it. it's been blocked in multiple ways thou so far.

the quality of engine parts has completely collapsed here. I'm starting to feel like getting parts from junk yards, clean and inspecting them well might end up being a good choice.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's good money to be made doing nothing, for sure. The '07 Escalade 6.2 did not have AFM.

I knew my memory was off somehow on this. The AFM and VVT were the two things I remembered, and I was thinking the VVT was what I didn't have. If there's a third possible whizbang 'feature', I don't remember it.

He did go in and disable something. Maybe you could set me straight here.

joe

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Hey Pete, don’t you have a good diesel Indi shop around that’ll do it? There’s gotta be a place where all the road contractors take all their HD trucks, Jackhammer compressors and HD diesel generators.

Removing DOD on a gas motor to them is a treat because it’s all lightweight stuff and low torque compared to the oil burners. The diesel techs don’t F around because if you blow a diesel job, it’s BIG $.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$2k labor feels expensive but it’s not a small feat. Does the $2k in labor include tuning? If so then I think it’s worth it for sure.

What converter did you pick out?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew my memory was off somehow on this. The AFM and VVT were the two things I remembered, and I was thinking the VVT was what I didn't have. If there's a third possible whizbang 'feature', I don't remember it.

He did go in and disable something. Maybe you could set me straight here.

joe

in general vvt is very reliable. not really worth tuning off of your still running a stock cam.

with a aftermarket cam it can be a hassle, but it's a free 15 or so ft lb of tq from what I've read.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in general vvt is very reliable. not really worth tuning off of your still running a stock cam.

with a aftermarket cam it can be a hassle, but it's a free 15 or so ft lb of tq from what I've read.

Thanks.

After this thread, I did a little reading, and came to the same conclusions.

My street racing days are over. That L92 is fast enough. It'll scoot when it needs to.

joe

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

After this thread, I did a little reading, and came to the same conclusions.

My street racing days are over. That L92 is fast enough. It'll scoot when it needs to.

joe

funny you say that. I flashed a new timing map today another guy wanted me to try and let him know if I see an knock and what I thought. I quickly realized I never drive this truck hard enough to get into that part of the map to even tell lol.

I just let it loft down the road. today might be the first time my truck has seen 5500 since I got it. haha. it showed 5 deg of retard and I lifted.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked VEGE reman BU60FHD. I hear they have the billet cover, etc...what do you think ? Have not pulled trigger on these parts yet !

I just installed the same converter in my Yukon, but waiting on a cam adapter to be able to fire it up and (hopefully) drive it. I'm curious if there's any difference to the JMBX with 179k on it. There is a billet rear cover on it.

TJ8WCDJ.jpg
I48cb8M.jpg2F3exFk.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road