DOD Delete Cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave in Gig Harbor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cost of replacing all the lifters, etc on one side of my 2018 Silverado 1500 6.2 after it bent a pushrod was $5000. I have heard similar costs from one other person having it done at the dealer. That is here in the Seattle area using a well recommended shop. So comparing that to the cost of what the OP is quoting makes me cry a bit.

Smokin Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I knew my memory was off somehow on this. The AFM and VVT were the two things I remembered, and I was thinking the VVT was what I didn't have. If there's a third possible whizbang 'feature', I don't remember it.

He did go in and disable something. Maybe you could set me straight here.

joe
I had the 6.2L in a 2015 Yukon.
Eng failed at 65K got rebuilt under my extended Warranty ($5700 w $100 deductabile)

I bought and plugged in the . My friend hearing did same Disabler
Hosengfailedat 8k miles later
It doesn't work for SOLVING the issue of poor design!!!

I traded mine in recently for new Jeep Grand Chetokee V-6 . love it! it! Bye bye GM.....

L, 2015.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with the DOD, as per my understanding is the constant collapse and then expansion of the DOD lifters, if you eliminate them from collapsing, then in theory they should not wear out, unless they are already worn. I plugged in a RANGE DOD disabler at around 200K, and I change my oil between 33%-50% life remaining. Just over 300K, no issues other than horrible gas MPG. The MPG really was not bad until the past 5000 Miles. I think my engine in general is just worn out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road