does my mpg seem right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
I think the OP's biggest issue is that he is mostly city driving. Seems like like 01 4X4 gets really bad mileage when I do mostly city. I wont even get 300 miles out of a tank. Seems like most of the higher numbers here do more mixed driving then the op does.

Brick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, i'm getting under 10 mpg at the moment. only 250 miles a tank. im all city driving as well in my 01 kon 2wd. Just put in a new fuel filter, spectre CAI and changed plugs and wires(MSD Ignition) this weekend, hoping for any gain. How am I so far off from u guys? I would be stoked for 12.5 MPG!!
:emotions122::emotions122::emotions122:

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
City/Street driving makes a big difference. Stop and go, stop and go. City driving, my mileage is bad.. Probably like 10-12 mpg.

OP
OP
B

bluekon

Reaction score
I'm OK with it I was expecting a miracle espically the conditions I drive in what's just confustin to me is I can beat on it a whole tank or drive it like an old lady mileage doesn't change at all

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
blue have you changed to performance plugs or wires changed the fuel filter etc? after doing all the above and magnaflow and airbox/filter/tube mod i get 18mpg avereage
i do more hwy than in town though

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quit fooling yourself guys.
We all know that when we bought these trucks that they're "GAS GUZZLER". No matter how you tune it..changes this and that, these truck will suck you dry.
Whining and bitching ain't gonna solve jack, unless you trade it in for some cheap 2 door Hyundai.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
The 02 Yukon was originally rated at 14 mpg city, but when they changed the way the mileage is figured it went to 12 mpg city. I would say you're doing about right. Yes it does suck, but I bought mine for comfort and use, not mileage.
Here is a link to fid the gov. mileage ratings.
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have 02 yukon 5.3 4x4 with 125k miles. Around town, get 14-15, highway AND city driving. In city only, and running ac, yes, 12 is about it. I'm surprised about you getting 12 if you crank it, since mine drops to around to 10-11 if I'm rushing around alot in the middle of the duty day. Have stock tires, stock everything except K&N. K&N didn't help mileage, but does help perceived acceleration.

OP
OP
B

bluekon

Reaction score
Yeah all maintenance is done fuel filter 2 k ago and ill say it again LOL I don't think it should be good on gas I know its gonna do bad I was just wondering I sold an 08 Honda fit to buy my Yukon so I know what a good MPG car is but I needed something bigger and more practical or my family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2006Duramax