does my mpg seem right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, i'm getting under 10 mpg at the moment. only 250 miles a tank. im all city driving as well in my 01 kon 2wd. Just put in a new fuel filter, spectre CAI and changed plugs and wires(MSD Ignition) this weekend, hoping for any gain. How am I so far off from u guys? I would be stoked for 12.5 MPG!!
:emotions122::emotions122::emotions122:

that exactly what I was getting to a full tank of gas before the low gas light would come on. I did the same things you did plus swapped out all the fluids in the diffs, t-case and trans, new o2 sensors, seafoam and got a decent improvement but then I ended up swapping plugs again with a different gap(NGK stock [email protected]), got a tune and removed both slightly clogged cats and I now get up 360miles to a full tank. 03 with a 5.3l 4wd, stock tires all mixed driving but mostly city.

Brick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked my last tank after the CAI, fuel filter, plugs and wires....and somehow its worse than it was before from 11.6 to 10.7??? Did I just like the growl of the the CAI too much that I was getting in it too much? AC running full blast most of the time due to the daily 95 degrees + weather over the last few weeks? Im not sure but this sure does suck. Still need to do the O2 and seafoam just saving up some money to do it all at the same time.

:emotions122: :emotions122: :emotions122: :emotions122:

Stockfornow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been getting 15-17 no matter where or how I drive, according to my computer. (AWD, 5.3) I reset the personal trip everytime I fill up.

The truck's overall average was 13 when I received it. In three months since I have had it I am not up to 15.5. A lot has to do with how you drive.

rich5368

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as anothny said. AWD uses more gas. mine is AWD and 6.0 so imagine. haha. 12-13 city and 15-16 on highway. im not saying its always like that but thats the average. when im going down hill on interstate 95 i actually get 99 miles to the gallon!!! haha

Mine's a 6.0. I get 14 city and 18-20 hwy depending on wind. Oh it's AWD too. My 5.3 gets 12-13 city and 16-17 hwy.

OP
OP
B

bluekon

Reaction score
Yea the 13 was a freak thing back to 12. replaced both upstream o2 sensors doesnt seem to be makin any difference at all. Im chalkin this up to environment (its been 100+ for a week) the fact that i drive short city distances with lots of stops and full ac all the time...and to make it worse ill be switchin to 285/70 km2s on saturday so im thinkin im lookin at 10. so blackbear tune and e fans comin real soon lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluekon

Reaction score
just thought id update again new o2 sensors in (filled my tank after install) so intake new plugs fresh fluids and o2 senors =12.1mpg got on it one time to merge into traffic other wise drove it like a granny

OP
OP
B

bluekon

Reaction score
thought id update again added 2" coil spacers to the rear(the nose of the truck isnt pointed up anymore), got new wheels and 285/70/17 km2's and a magnaflow muffler...filled up tonight at 12.7mpg! so everything seems to have helped seein how mileage is the same now but with bigger tires

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy