Does this look like a bad motor mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mentalattica

Reaction score
Hey NautiKev, I'm in New Orleans.

I actually called my aftermarket warranty company on a whim (even though their literature says they don't cover mounts unless they were damaged by an internal lubricated part) and they said they would cover the mount.

BUT.... get this.

I drop it off at my local dealer's overnight box and leave a note specifying the driver's side mount is bad, call me if you have any problems with the warranty company. Last time I was in for a repair, I asked them to check it in August, they told me they couldn't reproduce the vibration I was feeling.

I get a call, "Hey Dan your truck is ready to be picked up, there's nothing wrong with it at all. We've had our best guy check the mount and we even called GM and they say this is normal operation for these vehicles." :emotions122:

So I asked him to go hold his left foot on the brake, put it in gear, rev the engine, call me back and tell me that's normal operation. I also referred him to this thread (which I'm sure he didn't check). He calls back, "we're going to have to replace both of your mounts. Warranty will cover it."

That takes a load off of me, I didn't want to do it myself!

Anyways,
Thanks a lot for your help NautiKev, and everyone that gave me their input! You guys are awesome!

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey nautikev, i'm in new orleans.

I actually called my aftermarket warranty company on a whim (even though their literature says they don't cover mounts unless they were damaged by an internal lubricated part) and they said they would cover the mount.

But.... Get this.

I drop it off at my local dealer's overnight box and leave a note specifying the driver's side mount is bad, call me if you have any problems with the warranty company. Last time i was in for a repair, i asked them to check it in august, they told me they couldn't reproduce the vibration i was feeling.

I get a call, "hey dan your truck is ready to be picked up, there's nothing wrong with it at all. We've had our best guy check the mount and we even called gm and they say this is normal operation for these vehicles." :emotions122:

So i asked him to go hold his left foot on the brake, put it in gear, rev the engine, call me back and tell me that's normal operation. I also referred him to this thread (which i'm sure he didn't check). He calls back, "we're going to have to replace both of your mounts. Warranty will cover it."

that takes a load off of me, i didn't want to do it myself!

Anyways,
thanks a lot for your help nautikev, and everyone that gave me their input! You guys are awesome!

anytime!! Glad you got your truck fixed!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate