Does your turn-signal stalk operate smoothly, or poorly like mine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I had to have my turn signal replaced at one point in my '09 Tahoe. I remember the factory one always operating lightly and smoothly, but the replacement one operated even better. The one in my '23 Yukon has always felt tight yet spongy -- like one of these times operating it it's going to snap off at the steering column. (To be clear, I'm talking about clicking it all the way into either blinker-on position, and not just tapping it for three blinks when switching lanes or something.)

I have no point of reference to another flasher stalk from this body style, so I don't know whether "they're all like this," or it's just mine. But pushing it all the way up, or all the way down, it gets tight feeling, and then finally "clicks" into position after feeling like it's going to snap. It feels as though the stalk needs to "be broken in" some and then will operate smoothly -- but I can't imagine that's going to happen.

I've had the gripe about this truck since day-one. I'm just now getting around to ask you all about it.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
Mine feels solid as it should. It clicks into place right away without pushing too far as if I may break it. No spongy feeling whatsover. Go to the dealer and test one onsite. Show them yours and get it replaced.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2024 XL SLT Diesel (luxury/premium package).

I find it a bit flimsy as well. Almost like it has forward and backward play when you move it up and down. Maybe that’s partly due to the fact that I find the steering wheel oriented a little”flatter” than other vehicles I’ve owned.

Spongy is a good word to describe it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine definitely doesn't have a smooth, satisfying feel/action to it. I'll have it looked at next time it's at the dealership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lacebm2