Dog cage in cargo area...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chitown906

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fiance and I are looking to purchase a cage for our pitbull so he can come along with us on longer trips. I was thinking something that is easily removable from the back cargo area so that it isn't always up. Has anyone here owned one of these, if so could you give me your experiences and also possibly your suggestions on brand and what not.

Thanks again

Chi_Town

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a grille that setup in the back and kept my dog in the back, not in a cage. I got mine from a decomissioned Sheriff's K9 unit here locally when it was taken out of service.

Pics of pitty?? :D

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used a dog barrier. Advanced Autoparts carries them for around $40. Then I had a cargo liner obviously. And I have an English Mastiff named Diesel, if it will contain him, It will contain any dog.

TTZ06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We put our dogs in a cage when we take them to the beach

303542_2290802239998_1547254753_32363101_5837481_n.jpg

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
I have two malamutes and they would not be happy in a cage. They are content in back seat. I can put two XL Kennels in the trunk though that is always an option

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too take my dogs on LONG ROAD TRIPS.

I only used the cage when we were on the ferry, and they had to be placed in the onboard kennel, otherwise I packed the gear on top of the roof and in a custom plywood box that I made for a trailer hitch basket. That left the entire rear area for the kids and dogs and plenty of comforters and pillows for all.
picture.jpg

EDIT: Besides, I couldn't put my dogs in a cage on a long road trip... they are so cute....
picture.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chitown906

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing for us is our staffshire doesn't know how to relax in the hoe and we want to be able to take both him and our puppy when we go on trips . The cage thing wont work for us with a 100lb dog and another 80+ dog once she grows up. I was thinking that divider style cage thing that just blocks them from going forward and a rubber mat under a xl pet pillow.

I do however like the rear storage idea u have YUK.

CHI_TOWN

OP
OP
C

chitown906

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And our hoe was mainly bought so we could start a family :) and u can't see a better vehicle more fitting for that job

CHI_TOWN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968