Door lock actuator failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, join the club. Do a search here & you'll see several threads on this issue.

Cr8ter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep.....I had the same problem. First the drivers at 5K miles then the passenger at 15K miles. Now I'm worried about the rear passenger doors going out. What a pain!

jpmaniac87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, somethings wrong with my passenger, its the whole thing, like it wont even lock manually... is that the actuator, solenoid, or the actual cylinder??

a2t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ditto. 2008 tahoe hybrid 12k miles, 1 yr old (in service date 6/12/09). drivers side actuator dead, other 3 very intermittent. at dealer now getting them replaced. sheesh...this is piss poor!

they are also fixing trans leak. cant say im impressed.

demonal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2008 drivers door went out last week, haven't had the chance to swing by the shop to drop it off, 23k miles... GM and their cheap parts!

rabee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With my 08 Tahoe 24300 M ,I have the same problem, rear passenger door go off , its knock me off,

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had their door lock actuators go out?? I have had both the drivers door and the passenger front door actuators go out. Luckily the extended warranty covered them. NOW my passenger rear door lock actuator went out.. DOes anyone know if there is a TSB on this problem. I have been on the phone with GM corporate all week and they refuse to admit there is a problem with them. I am at the point where i just want the last 2 actuators replaced now, so I quit wasting my time. I told them that I was disgusted at the piece of crap units they used during assembly. I did notice on the units that were replaced that they were manufactured by a totally different company.

I have had both on the driver side fail.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list. Passenger front door actuator replaced at 19,000 miles.

ClovisQ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New guy, but worth chiming in.
Door actuator issue hit me as well - driver's door at around 8k miles. Wasn't sure if it was tied to the fact that someone broke into that door a bit before, but pretty convinced it was just coincidence.
By the way, anyone know the GM part number for the outside handle for a driver's side rear door in chrome for an '08 LTZ? Truck's been broken into twice, and I want to remove the tumbler/mechanical lock to keep the thieves away.

johnbrnrd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
argh, I would like to join in on the bandwagon with you guys, my sister's door lock actuator also gave way, been waiting for the part to arrive in her home and i'm the one who will install it. why is it that every time I fix a minor problem another one pops out of no where. :Boo:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunRae48