Driver side mirror issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKeller

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Tahoe High Country. I have the driver seat set to retract for exit and then move back into position for entry. For some strange reason, the truck has started moving my driver side mirror too (to the wrong position). I have tried resetting the mirror position (both the exit position and the driving position) as well as changing the battery, but it is still doing it.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any fix for it?

OP
OP
J

JKeller

Reaction score
Mods, I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum. If you would be so kind, I would greatly appreciate it if this thread were moved to the 2021 year Exterior forum. Or, feel free to delete and I can repost there. Thanks in advance.

Highway3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem on my 2021 Yukon Denali.

It just started happening after about 45K miles.

I start the car and the drivers mirror will move as if it thinks I’m in reverse and it’s trying to help me (even if I’m still in Park). It will remain in the wrong position and I have to manually fix it, usually when I’m already driving and notice it at the wrong moment. This is dangerous.

It occurs with and without the reverse mirror tilting enabled in settings.

I haven’t been able to find a fuse that disables the power mirrors l, which would be an option.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is it is dirt or grime on/or failing of the mirror position sensor within the mirror housing.
You could try to take it apart and clean it. I had this issue on my 2013 Suburban on the Passenger Side Mirror, but it was in the left/right positioning, not the up/down.
I could temporarily make it go away by using the mirror controls to manually put the mirror all the way in one direction, then all the way in the other. But it always came back.
When mine started doing it, vehicle had about 100k miles on it and I knew I was getting rid of it soon...so I just left it alone.

Could ask the dealer if there is some sort of position re-learn method to sort of reset it and start over...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LACajun