Driver side power window switch/module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Having issues with the window switch/module on my 2004. Replaced the stock switch earlier this year because the windows wouldn’t go down all the time and when they did, it would be a pain to get them back up. The door locks started randomly trying to lock and unlock also.

I pulled it and replaced it with an Amazon part. After a couple of weeks it started acting up and half the functions wouldn’t work. Returned that, got a refund, and bought a Standard switch from O’reilly Auto Parts. Bad luck continued and warrantied that one out for another Standard and everything worked liked it should until this week. Some of the buttons are now very flimsy, the lights on the window lock and folding mirror buttons some times stay on with the key off and the mirrors move all the way down with the key fob.

What particular replacements have you guys had good luck with? I need a 15883319 which covers adjustable pedals, folding mirrors, etc., which is the 62 pin module. I found one GM part available but it is $365. I might be able to get it a little cheaper. Don’t know why this damn thing has to be so complicated.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are the ones you're buying programmed? I'm under the impression that they need to be programmed for the options, but I'm not sure if there's only one for your model year, and maybe they're already pre-programmed.

When I had my Tech 2 I updated (programmed) the calibration on my driver door module.

justirv

Reaction score
Having issues with the window switch/module on my 2004. Replaced the stock switch earlier this year because the windows wouldn’t go down all the time and when they did, it would be a pain to get them back up. The door locks started randomly trying to lock and unlock also.

I pulled it and replaced it with an Amazon part. After a couple of weeks it started acting up and half the functions wouldn’t work. Returned that, got a refund, and bought a Standard switch from O’reilly Auto Parts. Bad luck continued and warrantied that one out for another Standard and everything worked liked it should until this week. Some of the buttons are now very flimsy, the lights on the window lock and folding mirror buttons some times stay on with the key off and the mirrors move all the way down with the key fob.

What particular replacements have you guys had good luck with? I need a 15883319 which covers adjustable pedals, folding mirrors, etc., which is the 62 pin module. I found one GM part available but it is $365. I might be able to get it a little cheaper. Don’t know why this damn thing has to be so complicated.
My '02 Z71 doesn't have any fancy settings like @Fless mentions; what I can say is that the non-original switches (from AMZ, Std., etc.) will leave you disappointed. I recommend original AC/D from RA or GM... else you run the risk of low-quality fakes... and frustration.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have a new old stock switch I found, thanks to @915_Tahoe, at a dealer in MN. Got a military discount and have it now. When I do install it, I will likely need to mate it to my truck. Mine is a 2005. I have a Foxwell scanner that I will use to attempt to do that but my shop owner buddy has a Snap On unit that he says he can do and has done before.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

just look for a used one on ebay, that's going to be your best bet.
repops are generally low quality garbage. such as light housings, switches, handles, window motors, etc
with few exceptions......
a window switch on a 2004 should not require any programming, if you were "upgrading" to say power fold mirrors then you may need the matching passenger switch (maybe)
my experience was plug-n-play on the gmt800's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
99tahoe1999