Driver's mirror will not fold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dro45

Reaction score
When I use my folding mirrors, the passenger mirror will fold in, but the driver's side mirror will not.

The mirrors work fine, it is only the folding that does not work, and only on the driver's side.

2009 Yukon.

Any help greatly appreciated!

tlsnokuyeulb

Reaction score
The gears inside are probably stripped. My passenger side mirror does the same thing. I took it apart to see if I could fix it, but I didn't have the proper tool to compress a spring that's in there. Just need a new one. I'll just replace mine when a good deal comes along. Everything else in mine works as well.

OP
OP
D

dro45

Reaction score
The gears inside are probably stripped. My passenger side mirror does the same thing. I took it apart to see if I could fix it, but I didn't have the proper tool to compress a spring that's in there. Just need a new one. I'll just replace mine when a good deal comes along. Everything else in mine works as well.

Thank you. I had been guessing it was either that or a loose wire connection. I guess I'll have to take it in. I almost never fold my mirrors, so I wonder how it could have stripped. I'll get it fixed though, I'm the type of person that likes everything to work.

tlsnokuyeulb

Reaction score
Its possible its a connection issue. Do you hear the motor working but the mirror not moving? If so its the insides. If not then it could be or the motor quit.

OP
OP
D

dro45

Reaction score
Its possible its a connection issue. Do you hear the motor working but the mirror not moving? If so its the insides. If not then it could be or the motor quit.

It clicks once when you hit the switch, and that's it. So, some power is getting to it. I'll get it checked out. Over my head I guess.:greenchainsaw::Stupid Me:

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try pulling on the mirror while you press the button to fold them in, mine had trouble and I did that and now it works fine :). It used to just click.

OP
OP
D

dro45

Reaction score
Try pulling on the mirror while you press the button to fold them in, mine had trouble and I did that and now it works fine :). It used to just click.

Tried this just now. Nothing happened, but I'm not sure what "pulling on the mirror" means exactly. Tried several different ways. I pulled on it in various ways while folding/unfolding the mirrors.

fxtx_runner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect and old thread, but my 2007 Tahoe is having the same issue. YuCanada, can you elaborate what you mean by "pulling" the mirror while pressing fold button? Thanks.

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he probably means pull the mirror in, as in assist its travel along the normal range of motion....

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one off ebay when mine did this. Saved money and has worked great since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnk71