Drivers side window switches / seat heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2013YUKONXL_JR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Yukon SLT. I recently replaced the entire window switch assembly with a used one from ebay. Everything seems to work fine but recently I noticed my seat heater on drivers side switch does not work. No lights, no power. I was wondering if anyone knew if these two items are connected in anyway. Thought I would ask before I took door panel off.

Passenger side works fine.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Yukon SLT. I recently replaced the entire window switch assembly with a used one from ebay. Everything seems to work fine but recently I noticed my seat heater on drivers side switch does not work. No lights, no power. I was wondering if anyone knew if these two items are connected in anyway. Thought I would ask before I took door panel off.

Passenger side works fine.
maybe you pulled the harness out while doing the switch

OP
OP

2013YUKONXL_JR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
maybe you pulled the harness out while doing the switch
Certainly possible, that’s one of the reasons I was wondering if they are connected. I can reach my fingers up a ways near the seat heater switch and the harness going to it still pretty tightly connected from what I can tell.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s soldered into a circuit board for the heater switches. So, I’m back to wondering if that switch assembly could affect it.
Still have the old switch? if so you could plug it back in and see if anything with the heater switch changes.
some door switch functions need to be programmed to work but I don't think the seat heater is one of them

OP
OP

2013YUKONXL_JR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still have the old switch? if so you could plug it back in and see if anything with the heater switch changes.
some door switch functions need to be programmed to work but I don't think the seat heater is one of them
I wish :mad:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just spitballin' I wonder if the donor vehicle had cloth seats and no heaters. GMPartsDirect shows two different switches for the 2013 SLT, but there's not enough detail to know what's different.

If you have the old switch, check the part number on it and xref it for compatibility.

OP
OP

2013YUKONXL_JR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just spitballin' I wonder if the donor vehicle had cloth seats and no heaters. GMPartsDirect shows two different switches for the 2013 SLT, but there's not enough detail to know what's different.

If you have the old switch, check the part number on it and xref it for compatibility.
Great idea. Not sure how I can find out the correct switch number though. Mine does not have power fold in side mirrors. So pretty basic.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well probably the best way forward is to call any gm dealer parts department tomorrow with the last 8 of your vin and ask if the door switch part number is correct for your vehicle
if it is then it may still need to be programmed (maybe) if not at that point inquire for the correct part number, if they will not tell you hang up and call another dealer some are d*cks and some are not.
if it is not the right one then I would attempt to return it and find the correct part number and go from there.
this all assuming you know the seat heater switch was working previously.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The driver door switch is the only door switch that can be programmed. Try to find another module from a truck with seat heaters.