Driver's window problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

missta

Reaction score
02 tahoe ls drivers window is not getting power. My girl was driving the hoe when i was away and the window got atuck down. She took it to a friend who got it back up. He said thw motor was going bad. I replaced the motor and regulator...window worked fine when tested. I put the panel back on and teated the window again....nothing...i double checked thw wiring and nothing. Picked up a switch from the junkyard...all windows work except the drivers. I dont even heara click. I know power is going to the switch but i cant figure out why the driver side does nothing.

OP
OP
missta

missta

Reaction score
Fixed problem...the connection to the motor wasn't good....once i secured the connection window works better than before

OP
OP
missta

missta

Reaction score
Ok so wi dow is bugging again....after 2 days of flawless operation the window is stuck halfway down

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

i need help the temp is in The 20's here

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02 tahoe ls drivers window is not getting power. My girl was driving the hoe when i was away and the window got atuck down. She took it to a friend who got it back up. He said thw motor was going bad. I replaced the motor and regulator...window worked fine when tested. I put the panel back on and teated the window again....nothing...i double checked thw wiring and nothing. Picked up a switch from the junkyard...all windows work except the drivers. I dont even heara click. I know power is going to the switch but i cant figure out why the driver side does nothing.

Are you sure your switch is working properly?

OP
OP
missta

missta

Reaction score
Just took it all apart again. Found 2 things. Back portion of the window wasnt fully seated in the regulator and the extension from the motor to the window connector had a loose wire. I removed the extension and plugged switch directly to the motor. I also made sure the front and back of the window was fully seated in the regulator. Window is working fine with the exception of reversed switch operation. Down rolls the window up and vise versa. Now i have 1 touch window up, but i can live with that.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Are you sure your switch is working properly?
Thanx for your help JochenWoern

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035